What You Need To Know About Eye Cream
Using a moisturizer is great, but it isn’t really formulated for the sensitive skin around the eyes. The skin around the eyes is more delicate, more fragile, and more prone to dryness and wrinkles. With that said, it is only proper to treat it gently and with extra care. The use of an eye cream that suits your skin type is one of the best ways to maintain the skin around your eyes healthy.
Why Should You Use an Eye Cream?
- The skin around the eye area is very different from most of the skin on the rest of your face. It is thinner, more sensitive, and much quicker to show age and fatigue because of constant blinking or constant movement. Using an eye cream helps lessen the appearance of premature aging and wrinkles.
- The skin under the eyes can be prone to puffiness if fluids build-up occurs in there. Allergies and sinus problem can also be the reason why you have puffy eyes and with the use of an eye cream, your eyes can look more awake and less puffy.
- Eye creams can add extra moisture and can repair the delicate skin under your eyes while preventing further damage.
- Eye creams are emollient by nature; this means that it can be both softening and soothing product designed for the delicate skin under the eye. It can improve the appearance of the eye area without adding too much moisture.
What Ingredients Should You Look For?
- Never skip an eye cream, think of it as one of your favorite morning or evening skincare routine. The best eye cream will contain arbutin which is a powerful lightening cream that can lighten dark circles around the eye area and can reduce post inflammatory hyperpigmentation.
- It should also contain an organic blend of hazel extract which can help the delicate skin restore its natural moisture balance and to keep it quench and hydrated.
- The best eye cream should contain grape seed extract, a powerful antioxidant that keeps the skin protected against sun damage, helps improve circulation, and aids new skin cell formation.
- It should also contain vitamins, organic herbs and botanicals that can increase cellular turnover around the delicate eye area and helps skin to become tight or firm.
- It should have polyphenols which help increase circulation and cell metabolism and can reduce the appearance of scar tissues.
- It would also be ideal if your eye cream includes ingredients that can stimulate collagen production, rebalances melanin regulation, and revives skin’s hydration process.
How to Apply an Eye Cream Properly?
- Go easy when you apply creams and serums around the sensitive skin of your eyes. Avoid scrubbing, pressing, and rubbing too hard. When applying an eye cream, all you need is a pea-sized amount of cream after washing your face in the morning and in the evening.
- You can also apply tiny dots around the eyes and then gently rub the cream in upward stroke using your pinky finger. The pinky finger has naturally lighter touch than your pointer finger.
Who Should Be Using an Eye Cream?
- While it is much easy to explain the importance and benefits of using an eye cream, the question of who should be using a cream is a bit more complicated to answer. Experts say that there isn’t a specific age where one needs to include an eye cream on their skincare routine, but people with excessively dry skin, very noticeable dark circles or developing crow’s feet are the ones who need to use the product. Experts also say that prevention is a much effective way to slow down the appearance of unwanted wrinkles and premature aging, It is always best to prevent than to repair.
How Much Do You Have to Spend to Get an Effective Product?
- Luckily, you don’t have to break the bank for the best and effective eye cream today. We highly recommend Punch Skin Care Brightening Eye Cream. This signature product only cost $ 24.00 yet, highly effective in combating dark circles and puffiness as well as correcting wrinkles and treating blemishes, acne, and psoriasis.