Best and Worst Eye Cream in the Market Today
With so many skincare products available in the market today, sometimes we question if do we really need to use a separate or specialized moisturizer for the skin around our eyes? Are eye creams really useful? My answer is, yes. But before you buy, better read some best and worst eye cream reviews to know which are worth the splurge and which one should be left on the shelf.
Best: Brightening Eye Cream by Punch Skin Care
- The best eye cream you would ever buy! The best thing about this brightening eye cream is that it is made with all natural and organic ingredients. The 100% organic blend of hazel extract helps the sensitive skin around the eyes to stay hydrated and restores its natural moisture balance. It also has propolis which has excellent healing abilities that treat blemishes, acne, and psoriasis. One of the readers said that “after using the product for about 2 weeks, my eyes are looking better! I don’t have dark circles anymore”, another satisfied product user also said “I’ve used this product for 10 days now and I can visibly see a difference under my eyes! I’ve always had puffy eyes but for the past year, they have been bad. The dark circles from lack of sleep have increased as well. I’ve used this product every day for 10 days. My dark circles have faded and the puffiness has decreased. Of course, there still is puffiness and darkness but the fact both have decreased in less than 2 weeks, says a lot about this item!! I highly recommend it!”
Best: January Labs Advanced Eye Technology
- A concentrated eye treatment that helps promotes firmness and elasticity. This amazing product effectively diminishes the appearance of puffiness, lines, and wrinkles around the eyes. This fiercely active yet luxurious formula increases hydration and soothes and protects the sensitive skin around your delicate eyes, providing an energized and youthful appearance. One of the many satisfied readers wrote “This product is awesome. It’s the only eye cream that I’ve continued to use because I actually see a difference after using. And it doesn’t irritate my eyes like some do. Gentle yet super effective! I’m hooked”.
Best: Algenist Complete Eye Renewal Balm
- This rich and nourishing eye cream visibly diminishes signs of aging around the eyes while decreasing the appearance of puffiness and dark circles. With collagen-building peptides, skin tightening caffeine, firming alguronic acid, and hydrating shea butter, this balm effectively targets fine lines, wrinkles, dark circles, and puffiness. One of the many reviews from customer said “I have used this eye cream for at least three years, at 57 I can’t say that I look 20, but compared to most other 57-year-olds I know who have not had botox, fillers or surgery, I look fine. Much less expensive here than at Sephora, I love Sephora, but I appreciate the lower price on an expensive eye cream”.
Best: L’Oreal Paris RevitaLift Triple Power Eye Treatment
- Treat your eyes right with L’Oreal Paris RevitaLift Triple Power Eye Treatment, an eye cream formulated with hyaluronic acid and pro-xylane will visibly reduce the appearance of wrinkles as well as tighten skin – all while keeping the skin intensely hydrated. It really works well for some product users, here’s one satisfied reader’s review “Helps to lessen the appearance of puffy eyes and dark circles. It is best if you use it morning and at bedtime. Works better than other products I have used. Would purchase again!”
Best: Dior One Essential Eye Serum
- Some people don’t like the texture or stickiness of a cream on their skin if you are one of them, better grab for a lighter texture like a serum. This eye serum contains a detoxifying formula that draws toxins out of the area surrounding your eyes, leaving you looking like you actually have complete hours of sleep last night. Here’s one satisfied buyer’s comment about the product, “I saw an improvement with continuous use in a few days. I love it”.
Best: Dr. Dennis Gross Ferulic + Retinol Eye Cream
- This formula packs a potent punch thanks to ferulic acid and retinol that help retexturize the skin around the eyes, brighten dark circles, reduce the appearance of fine lines, and provides extreme hydration for the sensitive skin. Works well for all skin types, “This product has worked very well for me. I’ve had large bags under my eyes for a long time. I used this for one week straight and have been very happy with the results”, one reader said.
Worst: DDF Erase Eye Gel
- Product users are highly disappointed with this erase eye gel from DDF. They are displeased with the thicker consistency of this DDF’s new and improved eye gel. In fact, one the brand’s longtime product user is unimpressed and said that “I used this several years ago and liked it but I think they’ve changed the formula or my skin has become more sensitive. It stung, made my eyes more puffy and red! I have always thought DDF was mediocre-good and wanted to re-try it but won’t be revisiting their products anytime soon”.
Worst: Physician’s Formula Hydrating Eye Cream
- Not the best product to buy according to many eye cream fanatics out there. Not only did the eye treatment not live up to its claims, the worst part is it left of the product testers’ eyes irritated. Some unpleased consumers wrote. “Did not like it at all. Made my eyelids very dry” and “I’m not really impressed with this product. I have not found it to prevent or elevated fine lines under my eyes. It makes my eyes a bit puffy (swollen) which I’m unsure if that’s what it’s supposed to do in order to “fill in” the fine lines (wrinkles)”.
And now, the answer to your question: Is it important to use an eye cream?
- Eye creams can add extra moisture and can repair the delicate skin under your eyes while preventing further damage.
- Eye creams are emollient by nature; this means that it can be both softening and soothing product designed for the delicate skin around the eye. It can improve the appearance of the eye area without adding TOO MUCH moisture.
- The skin around the eyes is prone to puffiness if fluids build-up occurs in there. Allergies and sinus problems can also be the reason why you have puffy eyes and with the use of eye cream, your eyes can look more awake and less puffy.
- The skin around the eye area is very different from most of the skin on the rest of your face. It is thinner, more sensitive, and much quicker to show age and fatigue because of constant blinking or constant movement. Using an eye cream helps lessen the appearance of premature aging and wrinkles.
When purchasing an eye cream, make sure that it suits your skin type. It must be evaluated base on their price and their ability to deliver a number of desired results and should contain only the best ingredients that provide much-needed nourishment to your skin.